Thursday, June 4, 2015

Finding Types of Sentences in Books

Hey everyone!  This is Crystal from Fun and Learning at BBA.  This is my first post on this amazing new collaborative blog.  I am so excited to be able to share some of my free products with you all!

My freebie for today is one of my favorite products:

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Finding-Types-of-Sentences-in-Books-Freebie-1674934

This task card set is perfect for reviewing some of the basic sentence types.  Plus it gives students real life examples of those types of sentences as they find them their own classroom books.  There are eight task cards included in this set.  The first 4 cards ask students to find an example of a declarative, interrogative, exclamatory, and imperative sentence.  The second 4 cards look for sentences with prepositions and conjunctions.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Finding-Types-of-Sentences-in-Books-Freebie-1674934https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Finding-Types-of-Sentences-in-Books-Freebie-1674934

I love using this set of cards after our first grammar unit about sentences.  By then, my students have practiced identifying and writing these types of sentences.  It is exciting to see them actively looking through our classroom library to find example of these sentence types in real-life writing.

Make sure you stop by my TpT store to pick up this free task card set.  {And don't forget to leave feedback!}  While you're there, click on the little green star to follow my store.  That ensures that you will hear about other freebies that I create as well as special follower freebies!


1 comment:

  1. I liked the article Types of Sentences. I really liked reading all the articles published on your website. All the credits to the author of the post.

    ReplyDelete